Sunday, February 26, 2012

And it Begins!

As I sit down at the computer to enter my first blog post, little feet can be heard running over.

Brianna: Umm, what are you doing?
Me: Typing some stuff up on the computer.
Brianna: Well, can you hurry up and let me know when you're done? I have things I NEED to get done on there.

These 'things' consist of unlocking a game from a code she found on one of her Christmas toys. A Christmas toy that I had cleverly hidden on a high shelf that she couldn't reach or peek at. Well, until I decided to take a random trip to Ikea and about 4 (exhausting!) hours later emerged with a low loft bed for little miss. This gives her an entirely new view of her bedroom, and me a heart attack every time she hangs over the edge and says "look at me!'. On the plus side, she has tons more space to play and thinks the under the bed space is a cool hideout. On the minus? Finding every single thing I've placed out of her eyesight.

B: YOU'VE BEEN ON THE COMPUTER FOR LIKE AN HOUR! What are you even typing?
Me: A blog.
B: A blob?
Me: BLOG.
B: What is THAT?
Me: Kind of like a story.
B: Why are you writing a story?
Me: I'm writing a story about you.
B: BUT WHY?!

Why? Because she's hysterical, and sometimes so incredibly sarcastic. Guess that's what happens when you have two parents that are sarcastic and quick witted. Most of the time it cracks me up, but occasionally I have to bite my tongue to keep from laughing, especially when we're in a public place where it's supposed to be quiet. This gem is from our outing to the Mary Poppins Broadway play. I'd like to add that it was very loudly stated, during a quiet part of the play.

B: Sigh, I wish this was in 3d.
Me: It is in 3d. Shh.
B: Well it doesn't LOOK 3d.
Me: Sigh.

Guess we needed the glasses.

We're off to the flea market today! I told Brianna that we were going there only to get fleas. She said she's definitely not going. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment