Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Believe You Can NOT Fly.

I've known since she was an itty bitty that my daughter would be an absolute riot. When B was about 18 months old, my sisters friend Ashley left her cell phone on the couch. In the mere minute and a half that the adults were busy in conversation, B managed to steal the cell phone, sign onto instant messenger, and send an IM. Not only did she IM someone, she im'ed someone Ashley had not talked to in quite sometime. The extremely funny part? She sent one single word.

DOOM.

Yes, in all capitals. I often wonder what the guys reaction must have been when he received it. I still giggle at the thought of someone thinking Ashley is lurking in the shadows after them. I also often like to think that my child knew exactly what she was doing when she sent it. She's such a bad ass.

Although entirely unintentional, I find it very amusing. I also find intentional things extremely amusing, like her crazy imagination that she's shown since she could talk.

"Are you OKAY?! Do you need HELP?!?!"

Words that any mother would be a bit concerned to hear. Upon further investigation? Oh, just some little people figurines that were involved in a tragic horse stampede. Thank GOD for the Little Peoples Mom, who came to their rescue.

"HELP! HELP! I STUCK! I STUCK!"

Oh, God. Do I even want to poke my head into her room right now? Envisioning her dangling from her stuffed animal net, I decide I should probably assess the situation and decide what type of tools I need and if oil and/or butter is necessary. Nope. Not Brianna. That damn Farmer Joe is stuck in the barn loft again. When will he learn that he's too fat to fit through that small window?

While her imagination is mostly entertaining, it can sometimes be a bit scary, especially when she was still learning reality vs. fantasy. Involve a three year old with a bumblebee costume and the conversation might go as follows:

B: MOMMY! When I put this on, I can FLY!
Me: Oh, no baby, you can NOT fly. It's just pretend!
B: Yes. I can. I have wings now.

And now every time we watch Pippi Longstockings we have to have a long conversation about how people can not fly, even if they have braids.

No comments:

Post a Comment