Monday, February 27, 2012

Sugar and Spice, and Everything Nice? Nope.

Sometimes, I swear I have a boy. This kid seriously thinks disgusting things are hilarious; a trait she's picked up from my lovely father. Honestly, I can't help but laugh at it. Like the time she farted extremely loud, called her father in the room and said 'Daddy! Come here and smell me! I smell so good!'. (The best part was that he had no idea, took a big whiff and was like 'What the hell?', while I giggled in the other room.) Or yesterday when she told me: "My butt smells like Buttonwood Zoo! You know, when you get to the farm part". Yeah, she's gross. But the one that takes the cake for unintentional grossness was her incident with truth or dare that she informed me of, oh so casually, during dinner.

B: You know that game truth or dare? My friend dared me to lick the window on the bus, and I did.
Me: Excuse me, you did WHAT?
B: My friend dared me to lick the window, and I did. You know, because you HAVE to do a dare if you say you're gonna.
Me: Why would you think it's okay to lick a window?!?
B: Because it was a DARE!

Needless to say, we had a long talk about how truth or dare is for older kids, and other things about not jumping off bridges. She informed me that licking windows is TOTALLY different than jumping off a bridge because you 'could get really hurt'. Annnnnnd conversation right over her head. Sigh. At least I know she's not going to try to jump off a bridge anytime soon, but she might be that kid licking the window of the bus passing you on County Street.  

1 comment: